Walking Worthy: A Journey to Freedom | Chattanooga, Tennessee
Walking Worthy: A Journey to Freedom (WW) is a 26 week support group ministry hosted at different church locations throughout the southeast. Our method for providing personal assistance is based on the truths of the Word of God as applied through the philosophy of Exchanged Life, based on Galatians 2:20 and other scriptures related to our identity and sufficiency in Christ.
Walking Worthy Groups are formed based on days and times requested during the registration process. A new class will begin when 13 are available to start at a given day or time and the class registration is closed once a class has started. This provides a confidential place for participants to work together in safety. If you want to take Walking Worthy but you’re not sure of days or times, go ahead and register. As the next group is formed, we will contact you with an opportunity to join the group.
Facilitators are laymen and laywomen not therapists. However, the Lay Facilitators shall be under the supervision of licensed mental health professionals. The Lay Facilitators are trained in listening and helping skills from Christian professionals who are trained in individual, marital, and family counseling.
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs during weekly group sessions is prohibited and may be grounds for termination of participation without refund of course fees.
- No weapons may be brought into the session.
Your consistent participation in WW is critical in order to obtain fruitful results. No discretionary absences are allowed and only one excused absence is allowed per semester. If you are unable to be present at the group session, you will be required to make up the class BEFORE the next session (see Financial Policy).
The communication between you, your Facilitator and other support group members is considered confidential except as required by law, i.e. where there is a threat of serious harm to self or others, as in the case of child abuse, suicide or homicide.
COST OF CLASS
Completing and signing this Participant Application, is your first step toward joining a WW class. Please be sure the contact information listed is correct. Someone will notify you soon of your admission status.
WW is primarily underwritten by the generosity of our donors and the members of Woodland Park Baptist Church of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Course fees paid by participants help offset expenses related to materials, handouts and other costs in creating and maintaining a high standard of excellence.
Applications are accepted all year around so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for start dates and times of the next set of classes. Payment options are determined by the host church.
Classes at Woodland Park Baptist Church offers the following:
- One Payment Plan: You may make a one-time payment payable the first day of class for a 10% discount.
- Weekly/Monthly Payment Plan: Please contact the counseling ministry office for payment options. We will make every effort to work with you. There is no refund for missed sessions. Any missed sessions should be made up prior to the next session.
- Discounts are available on a limited basis. Call the Counseling Ministry Office at 423.899-9186, x137 prior to the first day of class for more information.*
*Note: A copy of your most recent pay stub/voucher or W-2 will be required to process discounts.